Miller Stratvert P.A. News for “Results”
Cody R. Rogers (Las Cruces) and Luke A. Salganek (Santa Fe) recently obtained a judgment from the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals affirming the United States District Court for the District of New Mexico’s grant of seventeen motions for summary judgment in favor of New Mexico State University (“NMSU”) and its employees. The case, which was originally filed in 2008, involved numerous allegations of racial discrimination and retaliation by NMSU and ...
Stephen Waller and Todd Schwarz prevailed on summary judgment in a coverage declaratory judgment action in State District Court in Santa Fe on August 5, 2015. Waller and Schwarz convinced the Court that an injured employee lacks standing to make direct claims against her employer’s Commercial General Liability Policy for personal injuries allegedly arising from her employer’s negligent and reckless failure to provide a safe workplace.
Todd Schwarz won summary judgment in New Mexico State Court on behalf of an electric utility. The Court ruled that an electric utility does not have a duty to enter a building that is under construction to ensure that it is “clear” before energizing it. The utility has the right to rely on the electrical contractor in charge.
Cody R. Rogers (Las Cruces) recently received a favorable appellate decision from the New Mexico Court of Appeals, which affirmed a directed verdict entered in favor of the firm’s physician client in a medical negligence matter. The case, which involved alleged negligent misdiagnosis of gallbladder disease, an alleged unnecessary surgery, and an alleged surgical injury to the patient, was tried in early 2013 by Matthew S. Rappaport (Albuquerque) and Lawrence ...
- Holly Agajanian Wins 2 Cases 4 Days Apart
- Miller Stratvert Sponsors Civil Legal Clinic
- We Are a United Way Cornerstone
- Dylan O'Reilly and Luke Salganek Won an Appeal at the New Mexico Supreme Court
- State Bar of NM - 2016 New Mexico Health Law Symposium
- Best Lawyers In America has listed eight Miller Stratvert attorneys in its 2017 ranking of the nation's top legal talent
- Miller Stratvert Supports Children's Grief Center of New Mexico, Inc.
- Richard L. Alvidrez is Elected to Serve on The Greater Albuquerque Chamber of Commerce Board
- Defense Verdict in Favor of Defendant in State District Court in Albuquerque
- Las Cruces Jury Rules in Favor of New Mexico State University
2017 Best Lawyers, ALS Association, Arbitration, Automobile Accident, Bar Admissions, Best Attorney, Best Lawyers, Best-Lawyer-of-the-Year, Business Law, Civil Rights, Contract Dispute, District Court in Santa Fe, Education-CLE, Insurance Defense, Isotopes, Judgment, Jury Trials, Legal Clinic, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Medical Malpractice Defense, New Mexico Court of Appeals, New Mexico State Court, Personal Injury, Pro Bono, Public Utilities, Second Judicial District Civic Legal Clinic, Summary Judgment, Tenth Circuit, The Storehouse, United States District Court, United Way, UNM Law School, Workers' Compensation